Do you know who's making amazing sets on DigitalNZ? You guys are!
Image: Weraroa Cricket Club awards presentation, August 1971. Kete Horowhenua. CC-BY-NC-SA.
Oh yes, today we reached 2000 searchable sets on DigitalNZ, so we thought we'd list some of funniest, biggest, and most colourful sets that have been made over the two years that sets have been available on DigitalNZ—plus some other categories that we just made up for fun.
It's like a mini Oscars ceremony just for sets! Let us begin:
- - The best BIG set is this MEGA set all about nurses from Jem Yoshioka.
- - The best small set is the elegant and perfectly formed 'Three archers' by david.
- - Most colourful set award goes to 'Rainbow' by Sienna Latham.
- - Best set about a region, town, or suburb goes to the Petone Historical Society's set all about Petone . And special mention goes to this awesome set about Devonport , and this one about humidity in Auckland .
- - Best set about a university or school goes to this set about 'Unitec' in Auckland.
- - Best internet cat set is the awesome 'Cats' by seanpaulk.
- - Best science set goes to 'Women in Science' by Donna Robertson.
- - Set with material from the most organisations goes to this set about the Waikato wars .
- - Best set about an historical event goes to 'Pukehinahina—The Battle of Gate Pa' .
- - Best visual art set goes to Courtney Johnston's 'McCahon chronology'.
- - Funniest set goes to the hilarious 'Proto Hipsters' by mo-mo.
- - Oddest set goes to 'Oddkins' by Ashleigh Young.
- - Cleverest chronological set goes to this 'WWI newspaper timeline' by Jamie Mackay.
- - Scariest set goes to this creeeepy set of mannequins , with special mention to this set of freaky dolls by mo-mo.
- - Most awkward set goes to 'Awkward portraits of men wearing spectacles' by EL.
- - Set with the most subject tags is 'Book in hand' by Fiona G.
- - The set with the best use of patterns (and bicycles!) is '4,3,2,1' by jane.
- - Best family history set goes to this set of 'Loveridges' .
- - Sexiest set goes to 'Girls and books' by Chris McDowall—that old seadog.
- - Best architecture set, goes to this set about modernist architect Plischke.
- - Best set about a specific time period goes to 'Revenge of the 1980s' by mo-mo.
Of course, there have been many amazing and fascinating sets over the two years set-making has been possible on DigitalNZ. We also continue to run the series 'Creative people make creative sets', in which well known NZ writers, musicians, and artists make creative and hilarious sets. You can check out all the participants in this series here.
In conclusion, keep up the awesome set-making team. And if you think there are any other sets that deserve special mention, just let us know.