How to become a content partner
Contributing content to DigitalNZ Search is in most cases a simple process that requires little effort on your behalf.
What you need to do
- Review the DigitalNZ content scope to see our priorities and principles for including NZ digital content.
- If you need help with the digitisation of your material, ask for assistance via the Make it Digital Helpdesk
- Email email@example.com to register your interest in being part of DigitalNZ, and let us know what kind of digital content you have (such as images, documents, multimedia).
- Get your digital material online. If you don’t have a website or any other means you can store material in the Shared Repository if you meet the criteria.
- Consider making your metadata available for commercial use. A great benefit of opening up your metadata for commercial use is increasing the exposure of your online collections. Your metadata (titles, descriptions, small thumbnails, date, etc.) could then be used in applications for sale in app stores, and included in subscription databases.
- Once you have agreed to participate, we will work with you on the technical options for connecting your digital material to the DigitalNZ services (such as the search system and APIs)
Thanks for your interest, and please get in contact if there is anything we can help with.