By: PhilBee NZ (social historian: 2.6M+ views)
Description: The rotunda was built for performances of the Kaiapoi Brass Band, at a cost £119. It opened in 1908 in Darnley Square, was moved to Raven Quay in 1913, and was relocated to its present location on Charles Street near the War Memorial Hall in 2003. The rotunda has a Historic Places Trust Category II registration. Beyond it, beside the Kaiapoi River, is a memorial to fallen soldiers of the town.
Usage: All rights reserved?