So many sets
It's been 58 days since we launched the Sets function on our site. This morning we arrived to find that more than 500 individual, publicly listed sets have been lovingly created. (The 500th is about Sir Graham Henry)
What are people making sets about?
After a rummage through online records, people like to make sets that are:
- Funny and quirky: Appreciating old things in a new context.
- Visually pleasing, arty and creative: Pulling together beautiful but disparate items, telling a story or making a mini exhibition of a favorite artist's work on the API.
- Educational or informational: Showing information about a subject, place, or moment in time.
- On personal history: Finding items that relate to your own background, whether it's family or workplace history.
Here are 50 sets in order of most visited
1. Awkward Portraits
2. What have you come as?
3. Margaret Mahy
4. Come hither
5. 50 Shades of Grey
6. Woman on left, leaning on table
7. Foot models
8. Girls and books
9. The Irish in NZ
10. Unitec History
11. People of the Gasworks
12. Learn to count with the Alexander Turnbull Library
13. Interislander - 50 years young
14. Anne Noble
15. Eric Lee Johnson's star trails
16. First World War newspaper timeline thing
18. Pet portraits
19. We like to read it read it
20. A decade in the Media: 1980s
21. Bean Rock lighthouse
22. Fog on water (and on other things)
23. Beautiful imperfection
24. All lit up
25. Plischke - man, building, design
26. Split Enz
27. My weekend in order
28. Punk makes my day
29. Hello, I am an All Black, and my name is ...
30. Hunters (in re)pose
31. That's unlucky
32. I put on my robe and wizard hat...
33. Happy Birthday Fiona
34. Where's your head at?
36. Portraits of people with awesome names
38. Architectural Models
39. At first I was, like...
41. The haunted forest
43. Laurence Aberhart
44. Wish Yiz Were Here
45. Old Wellington
46. A short story of love and betrayal
47. McCahon's Cubism
48. Seed catalogues
49. Smoking and modernism
50. Pleasure of Ruins
Get creating sharing to topple these sets off the top 50...
You can currently create sets and share them on social media. We have a lot of fun selecting and profiling new ones each day on our front page. Our techies are working on making sure that sets are also easy to search, browse and discover. Watch this space!