The DigitalNZ team is based (mostly) in Wellington at the National Library of New Zealand. The team runs this website, and its supporting systems, and is part of a larger DigitalNZ Group within New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs.
In addition to having a love of all things digital, the DigitalNZ team is a fan of sweet treats. Special favourites include raspberry liquorice and party mix.
- Dan Charles, Data Systems Specialist—keeps the site bug free and works closely with developers to make DigitalNZ an easy-to-use delight.
- Fiona Fieldsend, Director, Digital Experience—sets the strategic direction for DigitalNZ and the National Library Online team and leads the ongoing development of the National Library's digital services.
Kelly Dix, Community Manager—connects with our audiences through public presentations and social media and helps people find out about our partners' rich collections.
Rowan Payne, Manager, DigitalNZ Services—is responsible for overseeing the team's work, and ensuring the range of services that DigitalNZ offers are the best they can be.
- James Robertson, Manager, DigitalNZ Systems—keeps DigitalNZ running and future proofs our site, ensuring DigitalNZ is a leader in open source software and API development.
Ting Sun, Data Analyst—ensures harvesting of our content partners' information runs smoothly and the site's back of house is neat and tidy.
Tim Hannah, Content Analyst—initiates, builds, runs, and trouble-shoots the harvests of our content partners' collections. He is the first point of contact for DigitalNZ's content partners.
Former Advisory Board
Between 2011 and 2018, DigitalNZ's work was guided by the advice of an advisory board. Ngā mihi maioha to these people who assisted the development of DigitalNZ:
- Bill Macnaught (National Library of New Zealand)
- Keitha Booth (Government Data and Information Re-use Programme)
- Brian Flaherty (University of Auckland)
- Mark Horgan (Department of Internal Affairs)
- Adrian Kingston (Te Papa Tongarewa)
Glen Barnes (My Tours and Company Box)
Claire Amos (Albany Senior High School)
Helen Baxter (Mohawk Media)
John Truesdale (Auckland Libraries)
A number of incredible people have worked on the DigitalNZ team over its history, and we count ourselves lucky to have such illustrious alumni:
- Adrian Kingston
- Andy Neale
- Chelsea Hughes
- Chris McDowall
- Courtney Johnston
- Daz Martin
- Elliot Young
- Gordon Paynter
- Jane Hornibrook
- Jo Eaton
- Karen Rollitt
- Lewis Brown
- Lisa Meehan
- Lucy Orbell
- Petra Edmunds
- Thomasin Sleigh
- Tonya Cooper-Tidey
- Virginia Gow