How to become a content partner
Contributing content to DigitalNZ is in most cases a simple process that requires little effort on your behalf.
Once you've decided to join DigitalNZ and agreed to our metadata contribution terms, we work with you closely every step of the way to ensure you're happy with how your content is displaying on digitalnz.org.
Here's how the process usually goes:
Find out how DigitalNZ works
Get your content online
- If you need help with the digitisation of your material, make use of Make it Digital, our guides for digitising, describing, and managing digital content.
- If it isn't already, get your digital material online. If you don’t have a website or any other means, you can store material in the shared repository if you meet the criteria.
Get in touch with us
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the kind of digital content you have (such as images, documents, multimedia).
- Consider making your metadata available for commercial use. A great benefit of opening up your metadata for commercial use is increasing the exposure of your online collections. Your metadata (titles, descriptions, small thumbnails, date, etc.) could then be used in applications for sale in app stores and included in subscription databases.
Check how your content displays on digitalnz.org
- Once you have agreed to participate, we will work with you on the technical options for connecting your digital material to the DigitalNZ services (such as the search engine and API).
- We send you access to our staging website so you can assess how your content is displaying.
- We work together to trouble shoot any issues with how your content is expressed on digitalnz.org.
- After you sign off on how your content is displayed on DigitalNZ we will share your collection on our live site and celebrate you as our newest content partner via our social media accounts. Nau mai, haere mai.
Use the metadata dashboard
- Once your collection is live on digitalnz.org you can use our metadata dashboard to monitor how people are using and sharing your content.
Thanks for your interest, and please get in contact if there is anything we can help with.